26. + 27. May 2023
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is rapidly transforming our world and has the potential to revolutionize how we plan, design, and manage our cities, making them more sustainable, efficient, and responsive to the needs of their residents. This workshop will explore how AI can be leveraged to enhance organization and design processes in urban design disciplines, such as architecture, landscape architecture and urban and regional planning.
In this two-day workshop, participants will learn about the current state of AI and its potential uses in the context urban design. We will explore a variety of popular and alternative AI tools that are reshaping design workflows. By the end of the workshop, participants will have a deeper understanding of the potential of AI in urban design and be equipped with the skills and knowledge to apply AI in their own projects. This workshop offers a chance to learn about the potential of AI in the context of urban design and how it can enhance design processes.
Session 1: Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
- A brief history of Artificial Intelligence
- Overview of current AI tools and their applications in Urban Design
- Discussion of the ethics of AI including benefits, limitations and challenges
- Exploration of current ways in which AI is being used
Session 2: Understanding AI Tools
- Overview of Chat GPT and potential uses in the context of urban design
- Overview of Midjourney and generative design
- Overview of CAD design tools
- Overview of post-production tools
- Discussions on the future of AI and urban design
– You will receive details and further information to the program such as a timetable a few days in advance of the set date –
Anmeldung für diese Veranstaltung bereits geschlossen.