9. + 23. June 2023
La Reconquista Peatonal (pedestrian reconquest) is a project that seeks to highlight walking as an essential way of moving around and inhabiting the city. When walking, people move at a speed and scale mediated by the body, which implies a particular relationship with space, time and others. The project seeks to re-value the experience of walking and invites all kinds of people to record their routes in a diary-notebook that addresses physical, perceptual, functional and social aspects with the aim of making this act conscious and making visible the urban environment that surrounds us.
The diaries as recording a tool
A mobile-diary is a paper tool that contains a specific invitation to register your own experience within a certain context. As NGO, we’ve worked with diaries since 2017 asking people to tell their experiences while walking. So far we have develop over 15 different diaries with more than 1.000 participants.
The invitation is to explore into the manifold world of diaries as a sensitive and intuitive recording tool. Participants will physically design their own journal to share with a colleague to register they experience. We will reflect on the findings and the benefits of incorporating this tool into territory studies.
– introduction to the diary as an ethnographic research tool
– why do we chose to work with this format?
– what we have learned so far?
– examples of different diaries
– design your own diary (you will exchange diaries among each other) homework
– go for a walk
– fill out the diary you’ve received
– retorn the mobile-diary
– time to read and analize
– common round to share experiences
– develop your own reflections for future diaries
– You will receive details and further information to the program such as a timetable a few days in advance of the set date –